Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'd like you to meet Chico.

He's a little man with a VERY big temper....he moved into my yard a couple of days ago and has harrassed my poor dog ever since. He is Fearless and chitters at all who come and go: the dog, me, the mourning doves, the gray squirrels.

Saturday he tried to move into the bat box but the little slots are WAY too small for him!

I wish my floor sanding guy had as much energy as Chico - If he did, he would be done by now. Unfortunately, Bob the Builder disappears more than he sands. He is only about 1/4 done and he started Friday. He comes late, leaves for lunch, leaves early....you get the picture. Yesterday he claimed he didn't feel well. Today he has only been here two hours.

Normally I wouldn't care - I'm paying him for the job, not by the hour, and the floor is starting to look amazing.
But I'm expecting special company and I'm starting to panic.
I leave Friday for vacation on Cape Cod with BFF Donna and my special company is coming the next Thursday - the same day I'm coming home.
That means that everything - furniture, drapes, art - has to be back in place BEFORE I leave. And THAT means that I have to get all the sawdust off walls, ceiling, brickwork.......yuk...before I get to put everything back where it goes.

So, the bottom line is that the final coat of poly needs to be down by Thursday noon at the latest! Backing up, if the first coat goes on Wednesday noon, it means he must be done sanding by Wednesday mid-morning, Tuesday would be better.

I'll keep you posted....I may end up hiring Chico to finish the job.

4 comments:

Becky said...

A cute looking little fellow!

Elenka said...

Don't let my cats see Chico or else Chico won't be helping with your floor, and it sounds like you need all the help you can get!

Tatersmama said...

Ummm... sounds like Bob the Builders heart really isn't in doing the job. Maybe look elsewhere, or build a fire under him somehow?
I know how frustrating this must be for you, but hun, the people who love you, aren't going to be too worried about everything being pristine. They're coming to visit YOU... not judge you on a mess of someone elses making.
I say hire Chico!

Queenie said...

Thanks Tater - that is EXACTLY what I needed to be reminded of....my visitor is a friend of nearly 50 years. She could care less about my floor. Thanks!