Thursday, November 5, 2009

I love my buying club!!

A bowl full of fresh carrots - liberally sprinkled with sea salt from the Narrows at Lubec and fresh cracked black pepper...

A panful of brussells sprouts sauteing in butter and oil, and soon to be finished off with a splash of fresh squeezed lemon...

Every week, I get an email telling me what the special offerings are for the upcoming week and I email my order back. It couldn't be simpler: the email arrives each Thursday and I have until Saturday night to make my choices.
About six farmers participate in my buying club and so there is a wide range of produce and products. I can get fruit spreads, cow and goat milk, artisanal goat cheeses, organic meats, lobsters, all kinds of veggies, handmade breads, and even natural soaps. I can buy as little as a pound or as much as a gross. I pick up my order each Tuesday at a nearby coordinator's home and I pay $1 for the handling of the order. Fresh from the farms that very morning!!!!

These glorious veggies were part of last week's order. Today I ordered Spicy Rye Bread (which is so dark and contains raisins and nuts), ricotta, and frozen blueberries.

Eat your hearts out.....yummmmmmmy.

2 comments:

Gladys said...

That sounds wonderful! What a great idea. I don't think we have anything like that here. I mean other than Sam's and Costco that's the only buying club I know of :(

Lili said...

Oh man! I need to find out more info about that. Maybe there's something nearer to my area. Those veggies look wonderful!!