Monday, May 4, 2009

100 Free Pizzas!!

My daughter Faye owns The Fat Cat Deli in Machias. Tonight, from four to closing, she's giving away100 free pizzas to thank her customers for sticking with her this winter in a tough economy.
The sauce it will be flying!

Can you imagine if Toyota decided to say thanks with 100 cars?
Or Sears with 100 washing machines and dryers?
How about the local grocery store, it could give away 100 meals, from soup to nuts...
Or businesses could give away 100 fishing poles to children, or 100 pairs of sneakers to teens or sit down for 100 hours worth of card games at a local senior citizen center...
How about 100 cleanings at a local pet shelter?

What could you be challenged to do 100 times?
Or maybe it is what you could be challenged NOT to do...

How about walking to the store or the library 100 times rather than drive the car?
Or how about picking up debris or litter, 100 pieces worth?
You could read 100 stories at a nearby day care center.
You could make 100 thank you cards and send them to everyone who has touched your life.
How about 100 kisses for a special someone?

Let me know what you think about this 100 gratitude expressions idea....

Me? I'm going to make sure I say ''thank you" 100 times over the next two weeks to special people....the first one was Amanda, my daughter in law, who called this afternoon to tell me she and my son Danny were having a boy!

Here is my second: thank you faithful readers for giving me a place to ramble, think and brag...THANKS!

6 comments:

Gladys said...

Thank YOU for sharing with us.

Elenka said...

Wish I could drive the 'hundred(s)' of miles to Machias from here for that free pizza! What a nice gesture!

Faye said...

Gave them all away in 30 minutes!! Line around the block!! Police showed up twice (parking issues)!! What a fun night!!

rachaelgking said...

What a fantabulous idea... and I think I will steal that 100 kisses idea from you!

Tatersmama said...

Thank YOU for just being the person you are! I love coming here and leaving with a smile on my face. :-)

Becky said...

That was such a nice thing to do!