Friday, May 29, 2009

If you like real life, REAL life, this book is for you...

Little Bee was hard to read at times. The gruesome truth of Nigerian oil wars and the status of refugees; the impact on those around them; a woman's choices that destroy her family and nearly herself...and a hard-hitting ending.

Okay, I've warned you. But the language. Oh my word, the language. It is a beautifully written book and I highly recommend it for those of you who like REALISTIC reading and not fairy-tale happy endings.

3 comments:

Tatersmama said...

Oooohh..It sounds good to me.
I still have money left over on an Amazon voucher that I won, so I'll be looking this one up!
Thanks for sharing!

Libby's Library said...

I guess that I'll have to keep my eyes out for this one on book blog giveaways.

Thanks for the review, my royal one!

nfmgirl said...

I've had this one on my Wish List. I can't wait to read it!