Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Here is Jin, a student from Korea, who spent Thanksgiving at my BFF Donna's home. This is his first apple pie attempt! Well done, Jin - and it tasted really good too.
Donna set a lovely table, didn't she? Everything was wonderful - especially the company. Donna's sister, brother-in-law and neice from Massachusetts were there. It was so kind of them to share the holiday with me - my kids were all away and I had to work. I was only able to stay a couple of hours but it was warm and loving. That's what I'm most thankful for today: friends like Donna who have opened up their hearts and their homes to me. They are my sanctuary, my shelter and, often, my strength.

1 comment:

Libby's Library said...

How very nice that you could be with friends. That apple pie looks great, wish I had one yesterday. Somehow I forgot all about pie. NO PIE on Thanksgiving - that should be illegal!