Monday, November 10, 2008

I've just returned from a long weekend in Connecticut

and a birthday party for my son David. How can he possibly be 40???? Everyone came - from Bayonne, Machias, Detroit, Pittsfield...it was fabulous. On Saturday evening, we all had dinner at a local restaurant and David was very surprised! We then went back to Lori and David's house for cake, cookies, pie and lots of games - Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture, the DVD version, was so much fun! On Sunday we had brunch at my sister-in-laws and the kids got to visit with their grandfather and cousins. I then had a super visit with my sisters and brothers. Sunday night, my neice Jessica stopped by David's and we had another great visit. How special to have all the kids together for a change - it is so much fun to watch them all together, and of course, Kiley was a big hit and passed from one person to another to hug all weekend long.

The long drive down and back by myself was definitely worth it.

1 comment:

Dawn Fortune said...

It sounds like a marvelous time! Russel was actually recognizable to me, even after all these years. I don't think I would have said "Oh, look! It's Russel!" If I had seen him on the street, but I didn't need the caption to know that's who I was looking at. I do not remember David, though. I think he was bigger and far too cool to hang with mom and her colleagues/competitors back then. Kiley, of course, is a rock star. Hands down.