Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A big snowstorm today...look at the little stone

bears on the back porch, all hooded in snow with their Christmas ribbons on...
and the woodpile next door is all drifted with snow. Lucky me - I got to work from home and snuggle with a good book while good smells came from the kitchen. Mmmmmmmmm.
The electrical black hole seems to have closed for the moment - all the cell phones, the computer and even the scanner acted appropriately for the past 24 hours - or maybe the Ghost at The Mansion has gone home to her mother's for the holidays.

Last night BFFs Trudy and Donna and I took Jin (of the Thanksgiving Day Apple Pie fame) out to dinner to celebrate his early acceptance at NYU. He is over the moon - it was his first choice and he worked so hard. We did Mexican, a fabulous place nearby called Cervasas but I had to report on a town council meeting last night so there was no cervasas for me...tonight I write about selectmen and budgets...aren't you thrilled for me?

6 comments:

Gladys said...

I'll see your snow storm and raise you below zero temps.

Oh Queenie didn't you just love to watch all that goings on to get ready to go somewhere? My mother used Maybalene Mascara with the brush wand and she would spit it in. YES I SAID SPIT. Then wipe this stuff on her eyes. This is the woman whose nick name was Mrs. Clean.

Queenie said...

OMG I forgot about the spit!!!!

Libby's Library said...

I'm glad that everything is working again - electrically! Spooky.

Mexican sounds good - but I'm sticking with Ginger Ale and dry toast for a few more days.

Check out my snow pitures on my blog. I know that it's "old hat " to you, but for me, snow is a BIG DEAL.

Libby's Library said...

Pitures - how pathetic...PICTURES - check out my pictures.

Becky said...

Send that snow to Florida. Had to turn on the AC yesterday. In the 80's today and MUGGY. I have a cousin in Eliot,ME and her mom lives in Rye,NH. They told me about the bad storm, no power,no nothing. Love that house you are watching. Merry Christmas!

A Spot of T said...

Those bears are some cute with their Christmasy ribbons and covered in snow. Glad to hear the electrical black hole is gone. A few days of that could send a person right over the edge.